Wednesday 3 June 2009

New life in 2009

We haven't really been blogging lately. (Did I say lately? The honest truth is almost never - except some photo updates now and then).

Well, as we are in the middle of 2009, I thought I better write a brief update on the United Nations family.

Towards the end of last year we moved house and are settling well into the new neighbourhood. Philip's parents and brother (David) sacrificed their usual "hot and sunny" Christmas and had a cold and wintry one with us instead. Our Christmas tree was covered with lots of pressies and Zoey had an exciting time opening hers - with her attention span of about 5 minutes per gift.

Anyway, besides, celebrating the gift of Christ from our God, He has also given Philip and me another special gift - another child. Yes, we are expecting a baby in September! The miracle of life never fails to amaze me, I am still awe struck by the tiny life that is growing inside me. How can a human being be formed just by the "merging of 2 cells"?

On the practical side of things, I had quite nasty morning sickness for the first trimester. It was so severe that that Philip allowed me a 3 weeks break in Malaysia to recover. So off I went with Zoey back to Malaysia whilst leaving poor Philip behind sorting out the renovation work on our house. The plus side of being pregnant (besides suffering from morning sickness; feeling nauseas, bloated, FAT, clumsy, absent minded; and needing to go to the loo at two in the morning...) is that it can be used as an excuse in almost any and every situation.

On a serious note, we are both thankful to God for the joy of know that a new baby is developing day by day in my womb!

20 week scan
A picture from the scan we did a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations!!! long time we didn't keep in touch ... u should have call me when u r in kl...:P anyway... take care...

Malika sa3ed said...

ركات التنظيف كثيرة ومتنوعه ولكن شركة نسر الجنوب تعد من افضل شركات التنظيف على الإطلاق نظراً لما تقدمها من خدمات وارسعار في متناول , الجمبيع تواصل معنا عبر الروابط التالية
شركة تنظيف خزانات بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف مساجد بخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط